The Mayo Hall
Mayo Hall is a stone and mortar structure Situated at the heart of the city of Bangalore. The hall is situated next to the Public Utility Building on the Mahatma Gandhi Road. The Mayo Hall offers panoramic view of the Parade grounds and Ulsoor Lake on one side and the Bangalore Race Course and Brigade Grounds in the south. This two storied building is decorated with Italian chandeliers, ornate furniture, exquisite furnishings, architrave, pediment windows, key stoned arches, balustrade ledges, beautiful consoles, Greek cornices, Tuscan columns and wooden floors. Mayo Hall is now home to numerous departments of BMP (Bangalore Mahanagara Palike).
The Mayo Hall was inaugurated by the British Resident on June 6, 1883. The building in elevation is remarkable for its composition of architravated and pedimented windows, varied with key-storied arches, beautifully executed consoles, balustrated ledges and typical Greek cornice. Inside the building had a number of exquisitely framed pictures of the British nobility and outstanding citizens in the hall. In the first floor there were Italian chandeliers, ornate furniture and exquisite furnishings.
Mahatma Gandhi Rd,
Courtesy : wikipedia