Sweet and Sour Lemon Pickle
- Lemon : 800 gms
- Turmeric : 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder : 2.5 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds : 1.5 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Grated ginger : 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida : 1/2 tsp
- Sugar : 2 cup
- Salt : 150 gms
- Wash and wipe lemons well and with a cloth and make sure there is no moisture left. Now chop the lemons into small pieces.
- Dry roast cumin seed, mustard seeds and fenugreek till it turns nice golden colour on low flame, then grind to make powder.
- Mix salt, asafoetida, turmeric, and ground spices together in the chopped lemon pieces and mix it well.
- Then Cover the jar well and keep aside for a month so that it becomes soft.
- Mix lemon well in-between days.
- After a month add sugar and grated ginger in lemon and mix it well .
- Then cover it with a muslin cloth and try to keep the jar in sunlight for a few hours daily for about 2 weeks or till the sugar will melt and the syrup becomes thick.
- Better if served with paratha or khichdi.