- Par Boiled rice : 4 cups
- Roasted gram flour : 1 cup
- Fresh white butter : 1 1/2 tsp
- Sour thick curds : just to soak
- Asafoetida : just a little
- Green chillies : 20 nos
- Salt : as required
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Oil : for deep frying
- Whip curds without adding water.
- Wash rice and soak it in whipped curds grind it to smooth thick paste, along with green chillies, salt, asafoetida, butter in a stone grinder.
- Mix roasted gram flour with the ground paste.
- Season mustard seeds in hot oil mix it.
- Prepare small balls from the dough and spread it on top of a cloth for 1 1/2 hours to dry.
- Dry fry in hot oil till crisp.