- Full cream milk : 2 litres
- Rice : 150 gms
- Sugar : 200 gms
- Almonds : 15 nos
- Pistachio : 15 nos
- Raisins : 1.5 tbsp
- Chiroli : 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder : 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Saffron : a pinch
- Take a heavy bottom pan and grease it with pure ghee, especially at the bottom of the pan.
- Add milk and boil, Dry roast saffron and grind well and soak it in 1 tsp of hot milk. Wash rice and add in the boiling milk, Mix it thoroughly.
- Cook on medium heat and when it starts boiling, Reduce the heat and cook till rice is cooked well and becomes soft.
- Keep stirring in between, and gently mash rice grains with the ladle while mixing. Then add sugar and cook for approx 45 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring kheer in between to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Add chopped nuts, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and serve hot.
- Better to serve it with garnished chopped pistachio.