Raw Mango Rice
- Rice: 1.5 cup
- Raw Mango (Grated) : 2 nos
- Green chilies (chopped) : 1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped): 2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 10 Nos
- Cooking oil or ghee: 1/4 cup
- Peanuts : 1/4 cup
- Cashews : 2 tbsp
- Urad daal : 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 2 tsp
- Asafoetida : 1/2 tsp
- Whole red chiles : 4 nos
- Wash and soak rice for approximately 15 minutes and add 7 cups water (approx), 1 tsp of salt and soaked rice in a big pan and cook till it is done.
- After that drain the extra water from rice.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the peanuts and cashews on low flame till it turns golden colour and crispy, add it in the boiled rice, add urad dal and mustard seeds in the same pan.
- Add curry leaves, chopped green chillies, whole red chillies and asafoetida when dal turns golden in colour.
- Mix it well and add turmeric powder and grated raw mango, Cover it with a lid and cook on low heat till the mango become slightly soft.
- Now mix boiled rice, ginger and salt and mix it well.
- Saute it for a few seconds and add some fresh coriander and serve hot.