- Refined flour : (1.5 cup)
- Refined oil : 4 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice : Few drops
- Potato : 3 nos (medium)
- Grated ginger : 1tsp
- Fresh coriander : 2 tbsp
- Chili powder : 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/3 tsp
- Mango powder : 1 tsp
- Garam masala : 1/4 tsp
- Chat masala : 1/3 tsp
- Bread crumbs : 1/2 cup
- Salt : 3/4 tsp
- Refined oil : 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Boil Potato and peel and mash.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add cumin seeds, when it starts spluttering add ginger, turmeric and mashed potatoes and sauté for a minute on medium heat, add all the spices and sauté for another 2 minutes on low flame.
- After that take the contents in a bowl and add chopped coriander, bread crumbs and let it cool down.
- In another bowl add refined flour, salt, lemon juice and oil and mix it well.
- Add some water and make the dough medium stiff and cover it for 15 minutes.
- Then take 1 tsp of corn flour and mix it with 1.5 tsp water and make a slurry, keep it aside.
- Knead the dough well and make ping size balls and roll them well to make chapattis.
- Gently apply a thin layer of slurry on a chapatti, and a thin layer of potato mixture and roll tightly to make it in cylinder shape and slice it with a sharp knife.
- Take a slice and gently press between your palms to seal it, repeat this with all the slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the spirals on medium heat till it turns golden in colour. After that drain on a tissue paper and serve hot.
- Best if served with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.