Parrippu Payasam – The taste of kerala
- Green gram dal : 250 gm
- Coconut milk : (from 2 Coconuts)
- Jaggery : 250 gms
- Ghee : 2 tblsp
- Cashew nuts-Raisins : a few
- Clean dal and saute it in ghee till it turns light brown.
- Put jaggery in water and make it a thick solution by heating.
- Take coconut milk from coconut three times,keep the first milk aside.
- Add second & third milk with jaggery solution to the boiled dal and simmer on a low flame till it thickens.
- Add first milk now and simmer it for a while.
- Add fried nuts & Raisins.
- Stir well and remove from stove.
- Serve the delicious payasam Hot.