- Warm water : 2/3 cup
- Dry yeast : 1 tsp
- White sugar : 1 tsp
- Maida : 2 cups
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Ghee : 1/4 cup
- Plain yogurt : 2 tblsp
- Onion seed : 2 tbsp
- Whisk warm water with the yeast and sugar until the yeast is completely dissolved. Cover it and keep it in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour and salt three times in a large bowl and add the yeast mixture, half quantity ghee and yogurt.
- Mix all it into a soft dough and knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and keep it in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- Knead the dough for five minutes and divide into 6 pieces.
- Roll each piece into round naans.
- Cover an oven tray with foil and then grease it.
- Brush the naan with a little of the remaining ghee.
- Cook naan one at a time under very hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until it is puffed.
- Serve Hot