Masala Fried Potato
- Potato : 4 Nos (Medium Size)
- Big onion : 1 no (Medium Size)
- Tomato : 1 No (Medium size)
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Red Chillies : 3 nos
- Coriander Seeds : 1 tbls
- Black Pepper : 1 tsp
- Cumin Seed : 1 tsp
- Fennel : 1 tsp
- Oil : 2-3 tbsp
- Mustard : 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt : For Taste
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes till it becomes soft.
- Remove the skin from the cooked potatoes and cut it into small size cubes.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into medium size pieces.
- In a kadai, put one teaspoon of oil and fry coriander seeds, black pepper, cumin, aniseeds and red chillies,
- Add another teaspoon of oil and fry the onion pieces and again add one more tsp of oil and add the tomato pieces and fry for a few more seconds.
- Put the fried onion and tomato in a mixie and grind it to a paste.
- Take another kadai and when it becomes hot, pour the remaining oil and add mustard seeds to splutter and add curry leaves.
- Then add the Tomato/Onion paste to this along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry for a few seconds and add potato pieces and mix it well.
- Cook it on medium flame till the whole mixture blends well.
- Finally add the powder and mix it well.
- You can add one teaspoon of oil and stir well.
- Serve it hot with Chapatti, Lemon rice, Coconut rice etc.