(Makes 10 pedas)
- Cheese 1.5 cup (packed)
- Mango pulp 2 cups (mango pulp must be thick)
- Evaporated milk 4 Tbsp
- Sugar (optional)
- Shredded coconut ½ cup
- Raisins/Chopped nuts (optional)
- Cardamom powder (optional)
- Take a microwaveable dish and lightly grease it.
- If using the coconut, then place the shredded coconut in the dish, microwave it until it is toasty/nutty and has that light brown color.
- Next add the cheese, evaporated milk, and mango pulp and mix it well and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Take it out and mix all very well and microwave for another 4-5 minutes. The mixture tends to boil and spill over, keep stiring.
- Now set it aside and let it cool for 5 minutes. Mix in between.
- After it has thickened, place it in the microwave for another 4-5 minutes, until the mixture becomes dry, grainy and no longer sticky
- Add the cardamom powder (optional) and mix it well.
- If it becomes too dry, then add a spoonful of evaporated milk and microwave again. Normally it takes 30 minutes to complete cooking.
- After it has cooled down, take a small portion, make balls and then flatten it on your palm. Make a dent at the centre with your thumb.
- Place a small piece of raisin/nut in the center.Serve Hot.