Kesari Bhath – Delicacy of Karnataka
- Sooji : ½ cup
- Sugar : ½ cup
- Green cardamom powder : ½ tsp
- Ghee : ½ cup
- Saffron strands : 3 to 4
- Cashew nuts, roughly chopped : 1 tbsp
- Water : 1½ cup
- In a kadai, Dry roast sooji till it becomes light brown.
- When it is done, transfer the sooji in a pan and in the same kadai heat ghee on low flame.
- Add cashews and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add water into this and let it boil.
- Soak saffron strands in a bowl and add 2 tbsp of boiling water.
- Pour it back in the boiling water and add sugar and stir it thoroughly.
- Add Elaichi powder and mix well.
- Add rava into this slowly and by stirring occasionally.
- Stir till the ghee starts separating from the edges.
- Remove from stove and transfer it into a bowl.
- Serve hot.