Get rid of Back pain
In todays fast paced life,most of them lead a sedentry life. Sitting at your desk for more than eight hours in a day can leave you with a nagging back pain, it can be quite painful. Back pain has become the second commonest cause of disability amongst the working population under the age of 45 years. One of the reasons the incidence of these pains is very high, is because of lack of the awareness as to why these pains happen.Apart from that incomplete diagnosis also adds to the person’s problems,hence diagnostics play a very important role.In the case of non specific back pain, the main cause for this kind of pain is weak musculature. These weak muscles,it changes the biomechanics of one’s body and start loading the spinal structures as a result will lead into conditions such as spondylosis, slip disc etc.
- The first step to a healthy back is to change your posture every 30 minutes. in any position, when maintained for over 20 minutes at a stretch puts an unnatural strain on your spinal discs. Movement of the spine usually in the opposite direction is essential to relieve this strain. Practicing correct sitting posture and movement while lifting weights, carrying bags and while sitting at your workstation plays a vital role in keeping pains at bay.
- Keep your weight under check.It is essential since sixty per cent of your body weight is supported by your lower back – putting it at a risk of suffering from pain due to strain. Apart from that, obesity puts additional stress on your bones, spinal discs and muscles of the lower back.So keep an eye on your diet.
- It is important to maintain good flexibility and strength of your abdominal, back, shoulder, hip and thigh muscles; as they maintain the alignment and normal curvature of your spine.
- Repetitive movements in one direction, also weakens the antagonistic group of muscles,muscles that work in the opposite direction as those you use to perform certain functions. Hence reversing your movements every 40 minutes to an hour helps keep these muscles balanced.
- Always remember to carry your bag across both the shoulders. If you are using a backpack, make sure you use the abdominal strap and make sure the bag does not hang below your hips.
- Sit on chair with your hips touching the backrest and feet flat on ground.You can maintain a good posture
- Do some simple exercises while at work. Here are a few exercises that you can do while at work to maintain the alignment and reduce pressure on discs caused by prolonged sitting in front of computers.
if you suffer from back /neck pain – the most important thing is to find what is causing the pain. Treating just the symptoms will only give you temporary relief, but addressing the root cause will bring the relief which is long lasting.