Gajar ka Halwa
- Grated carrots - 1.5 kg carrots (apprx 9 cups)
- Butter - 6 tbsp ghee
- Cardamoms – 8 to 9 (powdered)
- Condensed milk – 1 tin (400 gms)
- Sugar – (as required)
- Cashews - ½ cup
- Golden raisins - ⅓ to ½ cup
- First of all wash, peel and grate the carrots with a hand held grater or in a food processor.
- Then heat ghee in a kadai or thick bottomed deep pan, add the grated carrots into it.
- Saute the carrots till they turn tender and are cooked. Keep on stirring in intervals while the carrots are sauting .
- Add condensed milk.
- Stir very well in the meantime and add the cardamom powder, cashews and raisins
- Stir again and simmer the halwa on a low flame stirring often, till the mixture dries up.
- Check the taste and if required, you can add some sugar if needed.
- serve it hot or warm or chilled.