Curd Rice Recipe
- Basmati Rice : 1 cup
- Curd (yogurt) : 1.5 – 2 cup
- Milk : 1/4 cup
- Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) : 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Red Chillies : 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Dry Fruits : 2 tsp cashewnuts/ almond, raisins (optional)
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Now take a deep pan and add 1.5 cups of water, bring the water to boil. Meanwhile drain the rice.
- Now add a tsp of ghee to the boiled water and add rice as well. Keep the flames low, Cook it covered until the water is absorbed by rice. Turn the flames off but keep the rice covered for another 5-10 minutes.
- Now take a deep pan and add oil on low to medium flames. Fry the dry fruits and take out.
- Keep aside the dry fruits and add mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add bengal gram and keep frying. When it turns to brown in color, add crushed red Chillies.
- Add the steamed rice to the pan and keep on low flames. Turn the flames off and let it cool. Add curd, milk, dry fruits just before serving.