Corn Mirchi Vada
For stuffing :
Boiled Potato : 2 nos
Corn kernals : 150 gms
Lemon juice : 1.5tsp
Ginger : 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves : 8 nos
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Sugar : 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1tsp
Corn flour : 2tbsp
Gram flour : 1.5 cup
Salt : 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder : 1tsp
Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
Soda bi carb : a Pinch
Refined oil : 2tsp
Oil : 1tsp
- Boil Corn kernels and crush it coarsely in the mixer .
- Wash and slit big Chilli pepper and remove the seeds.
- If its very hot then blanch in hot water for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds ,when it start crackling add ginger and turmeric. Now add crushed corn and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add mashed potato, Salt, Sugar and chopped mint leaves.
- Saute for a minute and add lemon juice and take out in a bowl then let it cool down completely.
- Stuff these mixture in the chillies and press tightly with your thumb and slice to make it small pieces.
- To make a medium thick batter, Mix gram flour and corn flour in a big bowl add salt , Chilli powder and asafoetida and water then mix it well.
- Add soda bi carb on top of the batter and pour 1 tsp hot oil over it and mix again.
- Heat oil in a pan then dip chilli pieces in the batter and deep fry on medium heat till it turns golden colour.
- Serve hot, Better to serve it with Chutney or pickle.