Chicken Curry Recepie
This is one of the Indian style recipes, very tasty curry.
- 1 kg chicken (with bones cut into medium sized pieces)
- 1-2 medium sized potatoes
- ½ a medium sized onion (finely cut) or 1 small onion
- 300 ml water
- For the paste
- 1 ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp whole pepper corns
- 3 medium sized onions (coarsely cut)
- 10 Gms tamarind
- Grind all the above to a fine paste by adding water to the blender at regular intervals.
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 8-12 madras chillies (red)
- 3 cloves of garlic
How to prepare?
- Add ghee to a deep vessel. Add the medium-sized finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste without water and fry it for about seven minutes on a low flame.
- Add water to make the gravy moderately thin.
- Add chicken to gravy with salt to taste
- When the chicken is nearly cooked, add potatoes if the gravy is too spicy to taste. The potatoes reduce the spiciness.
- Allow the gravy to boil till chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.
- Serve with rice or dosas.