Bread Bonda – Tasty Evening Snack
- Bread slices : 12 nos
- Potato : 3 nos
- Frozen peas : 1/2 cup
- Chopped coriander : 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/8 tsp
- Onion : 1 nos
- Salt : as needed
- Oil : for deep frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes along with green peas in a cooker till 3 whistles come. Once cooked,Drain the excess water left.
- After the potatoes cools down, peel the potato skin and mash it.
- In a pan, add one tsp of oil and when it is hot, add jeera & Chopped onion to splutter. Fry till it becomes transculent and add the potato peas mixture.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric,garam masala & salt together with one tbsp water and mix it well.
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes keeping the flame to medium and add coriander leaves. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down. After that make small balls out of it.
- Keep the rolled potato ball inside and cover it while you roll it into balls.
- Heat oil in a kadai, after it is hot, add few bondas at a time and keep turning so that the bondas will be brown on all sides.
- When it is crispy,take it out. Drain in a paper towel.
- Serve it hot.