Baldwin Boys’ High School
Baldwin Boys’ High School (or BBHS) founded in 1880, is an all boys residential school. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious school in Bangalore, India. ”Integretas et Veritas”, meaning Righteousness and Truth, are the watchwords of the institution. The school’s motto is “Reverentia Jehovae est Caput Sapientiae” – “The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom” (Prov. 9:10).
The school has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Baldwin Boys High School is ranked as a top education provider in the country, consistently ranked as the best in school education.The magazines Outlook, India Today and World Education bestowed the school among the best and coveted in India.
Baldwin Boys’ High School was established in 1880, by a grant of money from John Baldwin, Ohio, USA, and was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church. Before 1880, the school was known as the Episcopal Methodist School and accepted boys and girls. In the late 1920s the school was managed by a Board of Governors, of which the Resident Bishop of the Bangalore Area, the then Bishop B.T. Badley, D.D. was Chairman. The institution receives government Grant-in-Aid and is annually inspected and reported on by the Government Inspector of Schools. It prepares pupils for the Government and Cambridge Local Examinations. The School is located in Bangalore city and has ample accommodation in its buildings and playgrounds.